Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 2012
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (soon) (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
- What does the term dinosaur mean? Who used that term for the first time?
- Discuss how scientists figure out what alive dinosaurs may have looked like, considering that they may have had only a small number of bones / evidence to base their reasoning on.
- Explain or discuss the following within a group or to an instructor
- Why is the Tyrannosaurus Rex considered to have been the king of the dinosaurs? What other dinosaurs are also considered dominate “king” species?
- Why did dinosaurs lay eggs?
- What types of skin did dinosaurs likely have? Give species examples of each.
- What are the sauropodomorphs? In which two groups are they divided?
- Why are marine and flying reptiles not considered dinosaurs? Give examples of these creatures
- Individually or as a group, make a diagram of the food chain of the dinosaurs. Who is supposed to be at the top of the chain? What is the purpose of this dinosaur?
- Identify by description and sketches/drawings each of the following species of dinosaurs:
- Individually or as a group, research and discuss/present the following:
- Where the Bible speaks about the creation of the reptiles.
- Evidences that dinosaurs really existed.
- The appearance and disappearance of the dinosaurs according to the following theories:
- What is the evidence that points to the death of the dinosaurs because of the flood?
- Individually or as a group, choose a dinosaur and research size and possible distribution of these dinosaurs, where their fossils were found, their eating, nesting, and community habits, along with other interesting facts about them. Demonstrate your discovery by doing one of the following:
- write an essay of at least 150 words.
- Make a display chart or poster with descriptions, drawings, and images
- Make a short video or presentation with descriptions, drawing/sketches, images, and sound
- Make a collection of ten images of dinosaur fossils and identify the following:
- Place where the fossil was found
- Year of discovery
- General characteristics