Category: Spiritual Growth, Outreach, and Heritage
Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 2009
Adventsource Honors Handbook PDF
Adventsource Catalog Honor Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from Adventsource.org)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: NAD
1. Read Exodus 16:1 – 17:6. Discuss with your Pathfinder Club, unit or class the challenges that the children of Israel faced after they left their homes in Egypt.
2. Explain what the word refugee means and the circumstances that force people to leave their homes.
3. List the immediate needs that a refugee has when they arrive in your country. Describe the feelings that the refugee may have about a new language, culture and environment.
4. Find out about the organizations in your community that assist refugees and immigrants.
5. Listen to or watch a presentation about an immigrant including information contrasting the culture in their new community and their former community. Take notes.
6. Write a one-page report telling what you have discovered in completing the requirements for this honor. Give recommendations of ways refugees could be assisted.