Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 1928
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. From the Bible and writings of Ellen G. White, write a summary, at least 250 words in length, on the importance of the use of literature in leading people to Christ.
2. Name five essential qualifications of a colporteur.
3. How is the colporteur supported?
4. What four steps are taken in the sale of a book or magazine?
5. Briefly outline how to arouse an interest in purchasing a book or magazine?
6. Know how to meet objections to purchasing a book or magazine.
7. Do one of the following:
a. Maintain a literature rack for four months, keeping a log of which books are the most and least popular.
b. Do a project of house-to-house or mail distribution of literature in your community for ten hours. Include in the literature a response card for additional literature, Bible studies, and/or a Bible correspondence course.
c. Engage in selling Seventh-day Adventist books and/or magazines during a period of a least five weeks, or at least 20 hours each.
d. Do a project of distributing religious books to local government officials. Spend at least ten hours on your project.
e. Do a project of supplying religious literature to patients in a hospital or nursing home. Spend at least ten hours on your project.
f. Make a project of supplying a yearís subscription to Liberty magazine to the judges and/or lawyers in your community. Raise the money or get contributions for the gift subscriptions.
g. Make a project of sending literature and/or Bibles to the mission field. Part of this project is collecting the literature and/or Bibles, determining where to send the material and packaging and sending the material.