Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 2009
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. List as many modes of transportation you can think of that people use to get around the planet. Narrow down the previous list to a “Top Five” most common modes of transportation. List the pros and cons of each of the “Top Five.”
2. List some of the pros and cons of the following types of lodging:
b. Youth hostel
3. What types of documentation may be necessary for travel? Explain the purpose of each type of document.
4. Watch a travelogue program that shows travel scenery and geography of a unique location.
5. Discuss in a group setting what kind of attitude travelers should have when traveling abroad.
6. Create a simple 7-day trip plan for a “family vacation.” As part of your plan, create a 7-day trip planner and include:
a. Details on one historic place to visit
b. Details on two natural sites to visit
c. Details on one recreational site to visit
Note: the first and last days may be travel days
7. List a few different ways people got around in Bible times.
8. Calculate approximately how long it would take to walk between Jerusalem and Damascus.
9. Sketch a map of a trip mentioned in the Bible:
a. Show name of person(s) and path taken including notable stops made.
b. Show different types of lines for each different mode of transport taken.
c. Show a “legend/key” for identifying markings and transport types.
Note: You may have to logically guess some aspects of the information if not mentioned directly in scripture.