Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 2018
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Advanced Star Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: North American Division
- Earn the Lashing honor.
- Demonstrate each of the following lashings:
a. Japanese square
b. Norwegian square
c. Filipino diagonal
d. West country round.
- Demonstrate how to end a rope via whipping.
- Complete a decorative lashing with at least two colors of rope.
- Research for your area the following for your lashing project:
a. Where to legally find spars in nature
b. How to properly cut down natural materials and prepare them for usage.
- Discuss how anchors are used in larger lashing projects.
- Know the distance from the structure that anchors should be set for the following conditions:
a. Undisturbed ground
b. High wind
c. Disturbed ground
d. Loose sand and snow
- Demonstrate how to do three of the following:
a. 1-1-1 Picket anchor
b. 3-2-1 Picket anchor
c. Log and picket anchor
d. Dead man’s anchor
e. Fixed anchor.
- Explain how to determine how large the diameter of a pole needs to be for the weight of a lashing project.
- Construct at least two of the following, using only lashing:
b. Rope bridge (monkey bridge)
e. Wood bridge
- Construct one of the following projects with moving parts using only lashing:
b. Lift bridge