Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 2018
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: North American Division
- Learn and share six historic highlights in the origin and development of the game of tennis.
- What were tennis balls once made of and how are they made now?
- Name two types of courts used in tennis.
- Name and identify styles of racquets from pictures or real equipment. Describe how they have changed.
- Learn the scoring system in tennis, including game, set, match, and tie-breaker.
- Explain the two types of basic games in tennis. Draw a scale diagram of the court and mark the boundary lines for doubles and singles.
- Learn the etiquette of the game. Use at least two Bible texts to show how game etiquette compares to a Christian standard of living.
- Demonstrate a forehand, backhand, and overhead serve with an instructor.
- Play four games of doubles or singles to practice keeping score. Practice hitting and learn the boundaries.
- Watch two instructional presentations on tennis serves and tennis strokes. Share with a group what you learned.
- List some of the benefits that can be expected when adopting tennis as a regular activity.
- List some of the challenges of tennis as a daily exercise routine.
- How can tennis be used to witness as a Christian?