Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 1956 changed to Christian Sales Principles 2001
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Explain the responsibilities of a Christian salesperson as related to how they treat their customers and boss.
2. List the points in the steps of a sale.
3. Give a statement on how to meet objections.
4. How are the following points valuable to a salesperson?
a. Researching the market to see how an item or service will sell
b. Proper training and knowledge about the item or service to be sold
c. A visit to the plant or home office that produces the item or service
d. Follow-up visits with first-time customers
5. Using actual or hypothetical education and experience, write a resume which could be used in applying for a job.
6. Find out what education is most beneficial for a career in sales. What aspects of sales are available to a Christian salesperson?
7. Do one of the following:
a. Help raise funds through sales of either services, merchandise, or tickets to a Pathfinder, AY Society, or school activity accounting for more than your proportionate share of the sales.
b. Earn money for yourself through the selling of merchandise or a service.
8. Make a practice sales presentation to your counselor, teacher, or parent on the above item that you are selling.
9. Interview a Christian salesperson and a Christian retailer regarding the following points:
For the Salesperson:
a. Is a lot of traveling involved in the profession of selling?
b. What other ways does the job of a salesperson affect family life?
c. How are sales people paid?
d. What opportunities for advancement are there in sales?
e. What does the future hold for a career in sales?
f. How do you get customers?
g. What do you like the most about your job? The least?
h. Does being a Christian make a difference in the way you do your job?
For the Retailer:
a. What type of education and training is helpful for a retail sales career?
b. What advancement opportunities are available in retail sales?
c. When you place an order, which do you rely on most, service of the sales
person, price, market characteristics, or the quality of the product?
d. What do you do when a customer complains about an error he thinks your
store has made when he is actually the one at fault?
e. Does being a Christian make a difference in the way you run your store?
f. What do you like the most about your job? The least?