Skill Level: 2
Category: Health and Science
Original Honor: 1986
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Successfully complete a class sponsored by either the American Heart Association, the American Red Cross, or an equivalent under a certified instructor in order to properly learn and demonstrate one-person CPR. This must be within the past 12 months.
2. Know and understand the location and function of the heart and lungs
3. Define CPR and tell five conditions under which it would be used.
4. Understand Prudent Heart Living. List five things a person can do to maintain a healthy heart.
5. Develop, maintain, and keep a record of a personalized program in exercise, health, and diet habits for one month.
6. Learn the significance of the colors and design used on the honor token for this honor as follows:
a. The person needing CPR is white, signifying no circulation.
b. The person giving CPR is red, signifying a very alive person.
c. The background of purple signifies loyalty or commitment.
d. The border of gold speaks to the value of the human life.
e. A heart is formed by the head, shoulders, and arms of the person performing
the CPR, signifying compassion for another individual.